Burnout Legends Game Information
Press ReleaseChertsey, Surrey, UK May 6, 2005 Keep your eyes on the road and both hands on the wheel this September when Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) takes fighting on the road with BurnoutTM Legends for the Sony PSPTM handheld entertainment system.
Burnout Legends sets the bar for on-the-go automotive anarchy, combining the series' trademark speed, destruction and depth with new PSP-only features, gameplay refinements and connectivity. Gamers can look forward to eight gameplay modes, including crash, road rage and pursuit, with white-knuckle multiplayer via WiFi, and a GameShare option allowing players to wirelessly share a demo level of the game with friends.
In development by Criterion Games, Burnout Legends delivers updated versions of the most explosive moments from BurnoutTM, BurnoutTM 2: Point of Impact and BurnoutTM 3: TakedownTM, with new gameplay, new cars and new surprises.
"Burnout Legends is the perfect quick gaming fix for the PSP," said Alex Ward, creative director, Criterion Games. "As anyone who's played Burnout can tell you, a quick 30 second crash junction can be just as satisfying as a two-hour multiplayer session and that's the hallmark of a perfect PSP game."
EA will debut Burnout Legends at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles on May 18, 19 and 20, 2005.
Irresponsible Speed Burnout Legends captures the series'blistering speed and intensity, delivering the fastest, most dangerousracing experience available on the PSP. Blinking is overrated
- Bestof Burnout Burnout Legends includes completely redesigned versions ofthe best tracks and crash junctions in Burnout's history all revvedup for aggressive driving and maximum takedowns on the PSP
- Wireless Multiplayer Gamers can take down their friends in four-player WiFi action in Race, Crash, Pursuit and Road Rage modes
- CustomizableChampionships The Burnout Legends wireless mode lets gamers createmultiplayer race series that cycle through multiple events ... keepingplayers behind the wheel, not searching for matches in the lobby
- UnlockableSurprises Each copy of Burnout Legends ships randomly with 5 of 25unlockable cars. The additional 20 can only be collected by playingfriends in WiFi challenges
- Game Share Gamers can upload a level of Burnout Legends to their friend's PSP so they can both play from just one UMD.
- CrashMode It's in there! A new scoring system does away with multipliers,challenging gamers to strategically launch their car into traffic insearch of the biggest, Hollywood-style crashes imaginable
- Pursuit Mode The cops are back! Get behind the wheel of all-new police cars for the ultimate game of high-speed cat-and-mouse
- GameplayModes Burnout Legends delivers enormous variety with a total of ninegameplay modes, including Crash, Pursuit, Burning Lap, Road Rage,Eliminator, Race, Time Attack, Legends Face-Off and Legends GP
- ChampionshipStructure An all-new progression system offers frequent rewards,keeping gamers coming back for quick bursts of on-the-go action